Форум — SCP-611 - Зубочистка-паразит
Создатель: system
Дата: 08:02 28.05.2011
Это обсуждение страницы SCP-611 - Зубочистка-паразит
wd:Mexanik wd:Mexanik 08:03 28.05.2011

Как говорил, кажется, товарищ Мальбург- ничего аномального в них нет, это скорее заинтересует биологов, а не сотрудников Фонда.

wd:Ailinn wd:Ailinn 09:37 28.05.2011

Но до чего же гадко выглядит… Не зря у ЭТОГО номер рядом с 610 Х_Х

wd:Ged-Malburg wd:Ged-Malburg 11:28 28.05.2011

610 все-таки более гадко выглядит :)
Мех, ну, тут слишком специфический вид мимикрии. Пожалуй, может сойти за аномалию.

wd:TroyL wd:TroyL 04:00 12.01.2012

Well, the idea with this one is that there's no way something could have evolved and adapted this quickly to something like a toothpick, which has only been around for a few hundred years. Evolution doesn't work that fast, the specifically, or that cleverly. I was hoping to imply that this thing was actually genetically engineered for some purpose which the SCP could not discern.

Uhh… Sorry all that isn't in Russian.

wd:Mexanik wd:Mexanik 07:58 12.01.2012

But what if these creatures evolved eons ago but were unnoticed all that time? They are harder to identify than Phasmatodea (stick insect), and their form is similar to the toothpick as a result of coincidences.

P.S.: Sorry for my English %')

wd:TroyL wd:TroyL 23:54 12.01.2012

You're English is 1,000,000 times better than Google's! :)

The reason I would argue against that are the irregularities. Firstly, in spite of it being a botfly, it is hermaphroditic. For insects as a whole, that would be almost absurd, since 99% of insects (and that 1% is probably halved up a few times) are gonochoristic. Botflies are 100% gonochoristic, in discovered species, so maybe there's something out there… but…

The second thing I would argue is that they seek out and nest in toothpicks in an attempt to pass on their larvae. There is no other, obvious method by which they might do so. Perhaps there something out there, but… nothing the Foundation could discover, at least according to this report.

I think the Foundation's major problem with saying "It's just a freak of evolution" would be just how coincidental it is. It's like winning the lottery three times in a row. One day, this might be a -EX. But for now… I think they'd be cautious enough to say it's a genuine SCP.

wd:Ivvalion wd:Ivvalion 23:17 24.02.2015

Считается, что последующее заражение повлекло за собой более ██ случаев летального исхода.

Как можно не заметить у себя во рту такую жесть и не обратиться к врачу?

После извлечения личинок из туристов, оперативники выследили место, откуда личинки произошли - ресторан ██████████, без чьего-либо ведома служивший объекту рассадником примерно месяц.

Рестораны в совсем глуши, где нет больниц, вряд ли существуют. К тому же, заражённые, обедавшие в ресторане скорее всего не нищие, совсем не нищие, и обратиться к врачу для них — не проблема.
Вопрос: кааааак SCP-611 угрохал столько народу (минимум 11 человек)?

#нуяжеел
wd:I-R-W-I-N-G wd:I-R-W-I-N-G 07:21 25.02.2016

Я так скоро могу параноиком стать :)
Нафиг зубочистки, только щётка, только хардкор!
Приятного аппетита всем, кто ел.
Автору - респект, лайк, и пара зубочисток заражённых SCP-611.

версия страницы: 2, Последняя правка: 20 Сен. 2023, 00:24 (191 день назад)
Пока не указано иное, содержимое этой страницы распространяется по лицензии Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.